This cookie reminded me of a foo foo drink!!! Yum! A party in my mouth for sure. Here is the link for where the recipe originated from The Cookie Monster hits Vegas - Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies | The Girl Who Ate Everything.
Here is the recipe:
Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups white sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of one large lime, finely minced
3 tbsp lime juice
½ cup unsweetened toasted coconut
½ cup sugar for rolling cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. If you haven't already toasted your coconut just put a layer of coconut on a cookie sheet and bake it at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Watch out. It goes from white to burnt really quick if you aren't watching closely.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
4. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lime juice and lime zest.
5. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients and toasted coconut.
6. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. I made mine too big and they ran together. These do spread quite a bit.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
8. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
By the way, this recipe was really easy too! It took the same amount of time that it takes for regular sugar cookies. AWESOME!!
Thanks to The Girl Who Ate Everything! I will be sure to check out more of her recipes!